Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Rachel Ray Show

While my mom was in town we went to see a taping Rachel Ray in New York. A friend of mine, Jamie Bohn, got tickets for us online and there was enough for my mom to go also. We were there for 5 hours but it was fun and worth it. We got a free cookbook...bonus. My niece, Hailey, in california is 5 and have loved Rachel Ray since she was 3. I was really wanting to get her autograph for her but the way it was all set up, we saw Rachel Ray but couldn't really talk to her. I had finally come to grips with the fact that I wouldn't be getting the autograph as we were the last ones to leave the studio that night. BUT as my mom was taking my picture outside underneath the canopy with the address on it I heard someone say, "Do you want me to stand in that picture with you?" I couldn't believe it! She was standing right there and I couldn't help but yell with excitment about how badly I had wanted to get an autograph for my neice and had given up on it. Well, she signed a magazine for my niece, and the cookbooks that both my mom and I got. I know she was so exhausted and it meant so much to me to get that for my niece that I had to thank her a number of times and then as we were walking back toward the studio about 5 minutes later (we had gone the wrong direcction) i asked her bodyguard to thank her again. i just don't think there are too many "stars" who would have made that kind of effort after a long day, when we didn't even know she was there to begin with. Maybe she just thought i was so pathetic standing underneath the address. :0) Either way, she was sincerely nice and i was very happy to see that it wasn't just an image.


5 comments:

Lynnette said...

That's so cool - I didn't know she stopped for you guys!

Anonymous said...

So cool. I was wondering where you went after the show. I bet your niece loved seeing you on TV.

Brooke said...

I love hearing about nice celebrities! She's always seemed really nice, and now I know she is! What a fun experience.

Christine said...

Angie, sorry, I left a long comment on your last post (the tagged one) thinking that it was this one. Oh well, just check your comments there to see what I wrote!

Holly Sanders said...

Ang--that is too cool! She is so pretty--her skin all glistening and stuff. You're right, she is short.