Monday, July 16, 2007

Gettysburg Reenactment


We went to the Gettysburg reenactment this year to celebrate our Fourth of July as a family (we went on the 7th, close enough...right). It was a neat experience and (minus the heat and lack of shade) we really enjoyed ourselves. it wasn't on the actually Gettysburg historical site but a feild they rented off a farmer nearby. I was bummed at first because I thought I would see everything there when we went but as I thought about it, I am glad they do it this way as I think it would take away from the experience and sanctity of the actually site; plus, I wouldn't want to experience the actually site with a crowd as big as this one was. I guess we will just have to go back another time...darn! ;0) There was a nice breeze while we were there which helped with the heat but we still went through 8 bottles of water, 2 lemonades and a rootbeer and got quite burnt, inspite of the sunblock. Thank goodness Tamar loaned us her double stroller, the boys were fine; hot but not burnt. Despite what it sounds like we really enjoyed ourselves and are so happy that we were able to experience this.



2 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

good to see you finally decided to blog a little. c'mon, I've gotta know what you're up to!

Marv Loucks said...

Angie, can I just tell you that you look AMAZING! YOu look so tiny. I wish I could look that good. What is your secret! :) Hope all is well. One day maybe we will get out there to see the history sites...one day in like a million years! :) Email me when you get a chance!