Sunday, November 18, 2007

Glorious Gettysburg

It was quite impossible to catch the beauty and magnitude of Gettysburg on film. There are numerous battlefields, monuments, & landmarks. You truly have to just go there to take it all in. We didn't expect it to be as big as it was and didn't give ourselves enough time (it is, at least, and ALL day event) so, a lot of our pictures were too dark anyhow. This picture at least helps to see one field and its beautiful colors and mass.
We took the audio/CD tour in our car. It was very well done. They boys ended up being the car, practially, all day but did GREAT! They really are little troopers; I was proud of them. Although it did help that Grandma was in the car with them. They just love her!

Our family picture was taken on "Little Round Top". I wish so badly that I could have a picture of how absolutely beautiful this stop was. And then to think of the determination, faith, and courage that took place at the spot on that day just magnifies its glory. What an amazing experience to be there. I thank God for the men who fought that day & everyday for our freedom and the life we now enjoy in this GREAT country! These are the experiences I will miss when we leave in August but always be grateful for. What a blessing it has been to live here for a while. Glad we still have 9 more months!!



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Angie! This is Brooke Hinckley...I left a comment on your blog a while back (the "muddy day" one). I'm not sure if you ever saw it or not. But, I'm so excited to have found your blog! It looks like you're staying busy and having a lot of fun! I love the family picture! You'll have to check out our blog and see our little girl, Ellee.

Aileen Taylor said...

Such a cute blog! I added your link to my blog: http://tysonandaileen.blogspot.com/

We neeeeeed to get together after Thanksgiving for sure!!!