Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mary Poppins New York Trip

Originally, a group of girls were going to go to the Rachel Ray show on Nov. 7th. A small group bought tickets to also go see a broadway show. The Rachel Ray show got changed to the 14th but those of us with broadway tickets still had to go on the 7th, so, we made a day of it. It was Tamar, Alyssa, Robyn and I that went for the full day (thanks again for driving, Tamar). Our first stop was for me, a "white castle" cheeseburger in Staten Island. Apparently, White Castle is an east coast thing, really cheap & tiny cheeseburger that have been around for a while and open all time. I first heard of them when I was a teenager and listened to Beastie Boys. Kim this was for you! After making our way to New York with a few subway detours (we got confused in direction) we ate lunch in Greenwich Village at John's pizza. It was really good and I was able to make one of my favorite stops across the street at this wonderful italian bakery, Roccos, as well.


After a day of walking, subway rides, and eating (we also had dinner at a cart on broadway that sold very good gyros) we made it to Mary Poppins. Teri joined us there. It was very well done and we all had a great time. It was quite a bit different from the movie but I liked the changes. It made the morals of the story much more clear and meaningful. I am so glad that I was able to finally see a broadway play and spend a girls day away with some wonderful friends. We didn't get home until 2:30am and took a couple of days to recoup but it was well worth it. Thanks again for the great day ladies!!!





No comments: