Monday, June 4, 2007

The "half-marathon" adventure




This past March, some girls that I have been running with talked me into running in a half-marathon with them. Actually, I really enjoyed myself but the marathon ended up being cancelled the morning of the race due to bad wether. Because we were leaving out of town for Steve's wedding and couldn't make the rescheduled race, the girls decided to make our own half-marathon by running around 'Kelly Drive' (a popular place to run here, even by Rocky) and then end on the museum steps (the 'Rocky steps' as most people know them). It was fun to accomplish it and to have Brett and the boys there when I finished. I was pretty tired after and didn't mind the vacation to California that followed. I'm not planning on ever running a full marathon but wouldn't mind continuing to run a half every now and then; actually, I would really just like to be able to run in a real race someday and actually have it happen. But I did lose some weight and now I know that I can run that far if I want to, oh, and most importanly...i got a t-shirt.

1 comment:

jor said...

I love the pictures in front of the city. When your leg is better I'm gonna make you and Megan run that 8.4 mile loop with me so we can take a "just ran in philly" picture like you guys already have. I want one too! :)