Monday, June 25, 2007

Taft's broken collarbone

My first of many (so I hear) Emergency Room visits for broken bones. Taft fell down our stairs and broke his right collarbone. It is so sad but you must admit that little sling is pretty darn cute, not to mention the boy! He is doing fine and being a good sport; in fact, if i didn't see the x-rays I may not believe it was broken. We give him motrin when it hurts and do our best to keep the sling on. He has to wear it for 2-6 weeks. They say at this age he should heal very quickly but it will be at least 2. We take him to a doctor in a week to see how it is healing. This was a crazy way to end a busy week.

4 comments:

Sharisse said...

The poor little guy! He is sooo cute! I hope he heals fast. I'm sure it's hard to keep on the sling. How's the summer going?

Unknown said...

He is too cute! Don't forget to feed him lots of ice cream and popsicles and give him whatever he wants. You know his cousins,uncle & aunt would ;0)
Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Your boys are the cutest! Wish I was still close! Miss you all!

Kate said...

Aw I know how it is to have that broken. I have done it three times...Wishing a speedy recovery...